3rd Workshop on Scalable Cloud Data Management
Co-located with the IEEE BigData Conference.
Santa Clara, CA, October 29th 2015.
Starting at 8am in Ballroom C.
We solicit research on novel database designs and their distribution and storage mechanisms (NoSQL, NewSQL, Database-as-a-Service) as well as scalable data and data-processing services. The application side of cloud databases is equally important, as it might impose new programming models, APIs and web-enabled interfaces. The workshop will bring together cloud computing, data architectures and data-related services from the perspective of scalability and hopes for your contribution to this exciting new field.
Sept 13, 2015: Due date for full paper submission
Sept 25, 2015: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
Oct 5, 2015: Camera-ready of accepted papers
October 29, 2015: Workshop
The workshop covers several modern topics related to cloud computing, NoSQL, scalability, services and databases:
- Database as a Service, Multi-tenancy
- Elasticity and Scalability for Cloud Data Management Systems
- New Protocols, Service Interfaces and Data Models for Cloud Databases
- Polyglot Persistence, NoSQL, Schemaless Data Modeling, Integration
- Data-Centric Web-Services, RESTful Data Services
- Database Architectures for Mobile and Web Clients
- Content Delivery Networks, Caching, Load-Balancing, Web-scale workloads
- Virtualization for Cloud databases, Storage Structures and Indexing
- Frameworks and Systems for Parallel and Distributed Computing
- Scalable Machine Learning, Analytics and Data Science
- Resource and Workload Management in Cloud Databases
- Tunable and Eventual Consistency, Latency
- High Availability, Reliability, Failover
- Transactional Models for Cloud Databases
- Query Languages and Processing, Programming Models
- Consistency, Replication and Partitioning
- CAP, Data Structures and Algorithms for Eventually Consistent Stores